“I would love to start my own home-based business, but not sure if it is a good idea.”
More and more people – both men and women – seem to be exploring the idea of starting a home-based business. My advice?
If you have the ability, the passion, the drive and want to start a home-based business – go for it.
The great news is that technology has made it possible for almost anyone to start and run a successful home-based business. It is all about taking your skills, knowledge and experience, packing them and offering something of real value to your potential customers.
Here are a few ideas for you to consider for your home-based business:
- Graphic design
- On-line trainer
- Virtual PA
- Web design and development
- Writing services
Starting a home-based business can offer a great deal of personal and creative freedom, but be aware there are also downsides such isolation or lack of motivation.
These initial, basic questions will help you decide whether or not a home-based business is the right option for you:
- What will your business offer?
- What problem are you solving?
- Who will be your customers?
- Why would people buy what you are offering?
- How will you find customers and how will they find you?
- How will you market the business?
- How much will you charge for your services?
- Who are your competitors?
- What makes you different from others?
Please feel free to share your ideas, experiences and suggestions about starting a home-based business.
Free Strategy Session
Our free half-hour consultation will help you clarify your objectives, uncover any challenges you might have and create a plan to help you achieve your goals.